You can easily get your Visa to Nepal when you arrived at the Tribhuvan International Airport, Kathmandu.
Meanwhile, if you choose to fly to India or China and select roadway to Nepal than you will get Visa at border entry points in Kakadvitta, Birgunj, Bhairahawa, Nepalgunj, Gaddachowki on Nepal-India border and Kodari on Nepal-China border.You need to bring a valid passport and one passport -size photo with a light background is required.
How To Get Visa To Nepal
If you don’t want to get yourself bothered while getting visa than you can also be obtained at the nearest Nepal Embassy or Diplomatic Mission. Don’t forget to bring cash in the following currency:Euro, Swiss Franc, Pound Sterling, US Dollar, Australian Dollar, Canadian Dollar, Hong Kong Dollar, Singapore Dollar and Japanese Yen to pay Visa Fee.
a. Tourist Visa
|Multiple entry||15 days||US$ 25 or equivalent convertible currency|
|Multiple entry||30 days||US$ 40 or equivalent convertible currency|
|Multiple entry||90 days||US$ 100 or equivalent convertible currency|
b.Gratis (Free) Visa
- For first visit in one visa year (January to December) , gratis visa for 30 days is available only for nationals of South Asian countries like Bangladesh, Bhutan, Maldives, Pakistan and Sri Lanka. However, visa can be extended from the Immigration Department on payment of visa fee as specified above.
- Indian nationals do not require visa to enter into Nepal.
c.For Indian National
Indian nationals do not require visa to enter Nepal.
As per the Nepalese Immigration, Indian Nationals Traveling to Nepal must posses any One of the following documents.
2. Driving License with photo
3. Photo Identity card issued by a Government Agency
4. Ration Card with Photo
5. Election Commission Card with Photo
6. Identity Card issued by Embassy of India in Kathmandu
7. Identity Card with Photo issued by Sub- Divisional Magistrate or any other officials above his rank
Also, please check with your nearest travel agents for documents required by the Indian Immigration for Indians traveling to Nepal.
Nationals from Nigeria, Ghana, Zimbabwe, Swaziland, Cameroon, Somalia, Liberia, Ethiopia, Iraq, Palestine and Afghanistan will need to obtain visa from Nepal Embassies or Diplomatic Missions in their respective countries, as they do not get visa on arrival at the immigration entry points of Nepal.
Tourists can stay for a maximum of 150 days in a visa year (Jan 1 to Dec 31).
For further information, please contact:
Department of Immigration
Tel: 00977-1- 4429660 / 4438862 / 4438868/ 4433934
Web site: www.nepalimmigration.gov.np
Note: Credit card, Indian currency and Nepali currency are not accepted as payment of visa fee.