In recent years there has been a huge change in the number of female travelers and the way they travel. But they’re still more vulnerable than men when traveling alone.
5 Tips For Solo Female Travelers
Here are 5 best tips for staying safe as a solo female traveler around the world.
1. Dress Locally It is always good for a female traveler not to draw unwanted attention. The best way for doing this is to blend in as local and avoid dressing provocatively. Make sure you learn about local customs and climate in mind and try to blend in.
2. Don’t appear to be traveling alone Never give strangers the idea that you are traveling on your own. For instance when somebody ask you “Is it your first time in Georgia?” Reply by saying “Yes we love to come here often”. Also, never mention to anyone where you are staying and don’t share too much information with anyone you don’t know.
3. Stash your valuables Keep some cash and a card on your person and some in your bag and some back at your hotel. Stash your money and cards in a couple of hard-to-reach spots in your clothing. Also, avoid carrying a lot of cash.
4. Do not get wasted Although being drunk might sound fun when you are in a vacation, it is never a good idea when traveling alone especially for females. Limit your alcohol consumption and keep your wits about you while you’re having fun.
5. Trust your instincts Use your common sense and follow your gut. If something seems a little off, then get yourself out of the situation. Try to be aware of your surroundings and be on alert. Keep your head up while walking. Look around. Note your surroundings. The more you look like you know exactly what you’re doing, the less your target will show. Try not to get paranoid easily.