Let’s see some foods that will make your summer cool and delicious. With the start of summer at full swing, here are some foods that might just be perfect for this summer:
1. Watermelon and Cucumbers: These cool and refreshing fruits help you to bump up your fluid intake, helping to prevent water retention which many people experience during balmy summer days. Not only being good for heart and containing anti oxidants, it helps treat inflammation of joints, aid in digestion, help control weight and contain almost all the daily vitamins needed by your body.
2. Iced Tea: Much as we love our coffee, Iced tea can be a good replacement for hot caffeines this summer. A great deal of the benefit of drinking iced tea is that it replenishes your body’s fluid levels , moreover has no added sugar that will help increase your intake of essential nutrients and compounds.
3. Yoghurt: No one can go wrong with yogurt in summer. It is rich in Vitamin B and helps soothe allergies and ulcers that are common during hot weather. Yogurt is healthy, filling and will certainly help cool you down. Also, Some research suggests yogurt may also benefit your digestive system, help immunity and offer protection from certain infections.
4. Ice creams: Only few people can resist ice cream in summer. Although being fattening , this frozen delight has some health benefits too .It energies our body, is a good source of vitamins and minerals and also helps to control mood swings.
5. Corn on the cob: On a warm summer’s evening, nothing beats the first crunchy bite of corn on the cob, smothered in melting butter. Corn on the cob without butter or salt is a high-fiber, low-calorie food. It also contains good levels of some of the valuable B-complex group of vitamins. Many of these vitamins function as co-factors to enzymes during substrate metabolism.