If you are planning for Manang trek in 2020 then this post is for you. Here we will be talking about the Upper Manang. Upper Manang is a beautiful village situated in the Manang district of Nepal that lies in the Annapurna circuit trekking route. It is at an altitude of 3,519 meters (11,545 ft).
Upper Manang is also a gateway to the popular Tilicho lake.
You might be confused as to why I am mentioning “Upper Manang” instead of “Manang”. It’s because Upper Manang is popular by the name “Manang”.
How To Reach Manang, Annapurna Circuit Trek
There are various ways to reach Manang. It depends on your mood, time and of course budget too.
If you are rich enough to hire a helicopter then it is one of the luxurious ways to arrive at Manang.
There is an airport in Humde but not a single airline is operating a flight to this airport. We don’t know why but there are not any regular flights to the beautiful airport.
Thanks to the road network connecting Manang to Besisahar in Lamjung. You can hire a jeep or share it with other travelers to reach Manang from Besisahar. During the off-season, you need to pay around 1500 to reach Manang but the price of the ticket might reach up to 3000 per person in tourist season.
It might sound weird but this is the best way to experience the Manang region if you are really into the trekking. It will take around 3-4 days from Besisahar to reach Manang but we are sure that you won’t regret this option. There are so many beautiful and culturally rich villages between the Manang and Besisahar.
Best Season For Trekking: March-May, and October- November
Trek Permits Required: Yes
Trek Permits: TIMS, ACAP
Essential Travel Accessories For Manang Trek
- Fleece Neck Warmer/Headscarf Balaclava Winter Face Mask /Neck Gaiter
- Warm trekking hat that can cover your Ears.
- Headlamp with enough battery backup.
- Sunglasses (UV protection)
- Polypropylene shirts (1 half sleeve and 2 long sleeves)
- Light and expedition weight thermal tops
- Fleece wind-stopper jacket or pullover
- Waterproof jacket
- Gore-Tex jacket with hood, waterproof and breathable
- 1 pair of light inner thermal gloves.
- 1 pair of outer insulated Glove
- Non-cotton underwear/sports bra.
- 1 pair of hiking shorts
- 1 pair of hiking trousers
- 1 pair of fleece/ woolen trousers
- 1 pair of waterproof shell pants with breathable fabric
- 2 pairs of warm thermal socks
- 2-3 pairs of hiking Socks.
- 1 pair of hiking boots.
- 1 pair of trekking shoes/sandals
- Crampons ( In-case if there is any frozen trail).
- 1 sleeping bag (good to -10 to -20 C)
- 1 sleeping bag liner ( It can be handy if you are planning to rent a sleeping bag for your trekking )
Rucksack and Travel Bags
- 1 medium rucksack (60-70L)
- 1 set of portable trekking poles ( Just in case if you want to hike )
- Wet wipes (baby wipes)
- Tissue /toilet roll
- Anti-bacterial handwash
- Female hygiene products
- Small, personal first-aid kit.
- Anti-diarrhea pills
- Anti-headache pills
- Cough and/or cold medicine
- Antiseptic ointment for cuts
- Diamox or Acetylzolamide ( For Altitude Sickness Issues)
- Skin blister repair kit
- Water filter ( Optional)
- Battery charger or power bank.
- Water Bottle Or Hydration Bladder
- Ear Plugs