Insight: When To Go – The Nepal Trekking Season Guide
You can trek round the year in Nepal but there are limitations in some of the specific trekking routes. In this post, we will have quick look on a brief guide on trekking season for the various trekking routes.
This is the comprehensive list of information for the trekking season in Nepal.
When To Go – The Nepal Trekking Season Guide
- Great Himalayan Trek: Who doesn’t love GHT or Great Himalayan Trek but it’s not so easy my friend. You need to have enough cash, enough stamina and enough love towards the mountains to do this trek. Best time to start this trek is from October.
- Everest Base Camp: The best time to trek in this region is from October to December and February to May.
- Three Passes Trek: Three passes trek also lies on Everest which covers the Everest Basecamp and Gokyo valley. Weather plays the vital role in this trek as you need to cross the three high altitude passes along with the glaciers. Best time to start your trek is October to November and March to May of the year.
- Gokyo Trek: Best time for Gokyo trek is October to December and February to May
- Mardi Himal: Mardi Himal trek is an easy trek and mostly preferred by the first time trekker. You can start your trek from October to November and March to Jun.
- Langtang Trek: After Earthquake disaster, Langtang is back to business. You can start this beautiful trek from October to December and March to May.
- Gosaikunda: Gosaikunda trek is mostly linked up with Langtang trek. Gosaikunda trek is a trek to the holy lake situated at an altitude of 4400m. There are almost 100+ lakes in this region. Best time to start this trek is from October to December and March to May.
- Upper Mustang: Best time to start trek in this part of the country is from May to October but this route is open round the year. We recommend October, November and March to September. It is suitable to trek in almost every season.
- Around Dhaulagiri: Dhaulagiri is one of the toughest trek in the world. You need to check weather before starting your trek. Though the best trekking window is from October to November but it’s all in the hand of weather.
- Manaslu: Beautiful trek with lots of glaciers and mountains. You can start this trek from October to early December and end of the March to May.
- Annapurna Sanctuary Trek: Easy trek but sometime can be dangerous due to the extreme snowfall and avalanches. Best time to do this trek is October to early December and end of the February to May.
- Annapurna Circuit: One of my favorite trekking route is Annapurna Circuit route. Weather can change the nature of trek as you need to cross the world highest pass, Thorong-la pass. Best time to start trek is from October to November and March to May. Don’t forget to check the weather before starting your trek.
- Kagmara La: Kagmara-La Pass is one of the challenging trek. Best time to go in this trek is Autumn(Sep-Oct-Nov) & Spring(March-April-May).
- Kanchenjunga: One of the rural and extreme trek in Nepal. Best time to start your trek is from October to November and March to May